This is a FREE soccer program for children. We have classes broken down into ages 3 – 4 year olds, 5 – 6 year olds, and a U10 class. This program by First Baptist Church of Marilla was started to help teach children basic soccer skills, while developing balance, coordination, and teamwork. Classes will be on Saturday mornings starting September 12th – October 3rd. We will be following NYS guidance on sports and activities for these sessions. Thank you for your cooperation!
Here is what that will look like:
– Our fields will be clearly divided, and schedules will be staggered to reduce interaction of any group
– 8:30am-9:30am – Group 1
-10:00am-11:00pm – Group 2
Per NYS guidance only 2 spectators per player
Staff & Volunteer Screening
– Staff and volunteers will only be allowed to participate each day after verifying a positive health screening and temperature check
– Thermometers will be available to check anyone who did not self-check prior to arriving on campus – staff, volunteers, or participants
Social Distancing Measures
– Communal seating will not be used – each spectator and player should bring their own chair and sit in a socially distanced, responsible manner
– Volunteer coaches will be instructed to keep their players socially distanced as much as possible during practices and while on the sidelines during games
– Players will be encouraged to bring their own soccer ball. If they use one of our provided soccer balls, it will be cleaned prior to its next use.
-Communal water stations will not be used – each player should bring their own water
– Hand sanitizing stations will be accessible at or near all fields
– All public access restrooms will be sanitized hourly
– Per NYS Guidance a distance of at least six feet is maintained among individuals at all times, unless safety or the core activity (e.g. practicing, playing) requires a shorter distance. If a shorter distance is required, individuals must wear acceptable face coverings, unless players are unable to tolerate a face covering for the physical activity.
–Volunteer coaches will be required to wear masks whenever social distancing is not possible but will be permitted to remove masks while coaching if they are distanced
– FBCM Staff members will be present during all activities to ensure compliance
– All volunteer coaches will be responsible to ensure compliance at their field