Floor Hockey 2021
As we all know this last year has been a particularly challenging one to say the least. We at First Baptist Marilla are endeavoring to be all we can to our community at large here in Marilla and really all of Western New York. That is why we have chosen to go forward with the 2021 floor hockey leagues. Albeit, they will look a little different to say the least. This letter is to inform you of the changes we are planning to help insure not only compliance with New York State, and Erie County Health Dept. but most importantly the safety and well-being of all those that choose to participate.
A few quick notes to start:
- Your flexibility in this time is appreciated. While we have attempted to account for all the different scenarios, there will most likely be some we did not foresee. So while these are the current procedures we are going ahead with there may be tweaks along the way.
- Also if you or your child for any reason do not feel comfortable with participating this upcoming season just let us know and if you are already signed up and paid we will get you a full refund.
- In order for this season to be a success we need your help. We need enough players to sign up so we can do a Junior High (6-8) and a Senior High (9-12) League. This helps by allowing us to do only two games a night and gives us more time between games to sanitize and keep the number of people in the building to a minimum.
NEW THIS YEAR: The Girls League is Back! It’s for any girl in 6-12th grade, will take place on Monday nights, and will follow the same COVID-19 guidelines and format that the boys league will use.
Some changes to come.
-The first game will start at 6:15pm and the second game will start at 8:15. This gives us time to sanitize and to get all the participants from the first game out before the second ones arrive
-Masks will be required by everyone in the building. This includes players while in their locker rooms and on the bench but not while on the floor playing during a game
-Spectators will be limited to one per student
-Everyone entering the building will enter through the double glass doors located directly across from the Church office.
-Temperatures of everyone coming into the building will be taken by staff members
-You are asked to bring your own face covering. We will have extras for those that need them or forgot them
-GOALIE: At the first game your coach will determine who will be goalie and that person is to remain goalie throughout the rest of the season. This is because they will be assigned goalie equipment that will be theirs for the whole season, they will have a designated place to store it after it has been disinfected
– Anyone who wants to sign up as a goalie for all season we will waive the registration fee.
– There will be staff posted at the restrooms to sanitize after each and every use of such facilities.
– No one will be allowed into the building until 15 min before their game.
-All players and spectators will be asked to leave quickly following their post game team meeting.
We hope to have a successful, fun filled and above all safe season this year. You and your student are a big part of determining how successful it is. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and flexibility. If you at any time have any concerns or suggestions we are always opened to such. The best way to ask or suggest is by emailing them to the church and one of the full time staff members or one of the league commissioners will get back to you asap with an answer. We are also there every night the league is playing so you can always ask in person during the season as well.
We hope this letter finds you and your family doing well. However if you are not and we at First Baptist Church of Marilla can in any way help you out let us know; that is what we are here for (to be a beacon of hope in the midst of the storms of life)
Love in Christ,
Josh Pfuelb and Dan Vanderkooi (league commissioners)